Fashion has found its soulmate in Astrology – and rightly so. From luxury designers to high-street collaborations featuring a side-order of astrology, we’re starting to see even more astrological references in the world of fashion and beauty.
Fashion magazines and publications include daily, weekly, and monthly horoscope sections in their glossies and digital publications. Fashion designers incorporate the zodiac into their designs, thereby capturing and translating the essence of the mystical and the ethereal through their designs.
The creative community at large, and astrology enthusiasts recognize that astrology isn’t just about being a Gemini or an Aquarius – or any of the 12 signs of the zodiac for that matter – rather, they understand there’s a whole lot more to Astrology than Sun signs.
Astrology is a symbolic language, filled with patterns – pattern recognition, identification and interpretation – that can be beneficial when applied to various areas of life. Astrology is both personal and universal. It creates an opportunity for people to bond over shared birthdays, anniversaries, Sun, Moon, and Rising signs, planetary placements and their symbolism in our lives. Unlocking the secrets to our Natal Charts, through Astrology, can help with gaining illuminating insight into our love-lives, cosmic dating and relationship profiles, career, life purpose and so much more. Why? That’s because a Natal Chart provides an outline of the planetary alignments at the exact moment of one’s birth. Translation: You are special.
When combined, Fashion + Astrology = A Match Made In Heaven.
What Is Fashion Astrology?
Fashion Astrology is:
(1) The application of astrological techniques and principles to the business side of fashion and beauty. It is the strategic positioning of a business to maximize astrological influences and other related techniques. See examples of “How is this beneficial?” below.
(2) A creative and visual way to showcase fashion through the lens of astrology, and vice versa, thus bringing the world of astrology to life through fashion, style, and beauty that is aspirational, inspirational, and dare I say…attainable?
It is also the intersection between the mystical and the material, where individuals get to express and celebrate their creativity, unique personal styles and esoteric inclinations. It also gives us the opportunities for self-expression i.e. our outer image can be styled to reflect our inner selves – personalization at its finest!
“Fashion is not about utility. An accessory is merely a piece of iconography used to express individual identity.” – The Devil Wears Prada.
Examples of Astrology-themed luxury designer collections include:
- Pucci Zodiac-inspired print dresses and bags
- Valentino Cosmic Couture Collection
(featuring clutches made with Oyster Pearls!)
- Judith Leiber Zodiac Minaudières
- Charlotte Olympia Zodiac clutches and ballet flats
- Jimmy Choo solar-studded hobo bags and Zodiac inspired wallets and clutches
- Rebecca Minkoff Zodiac ballet flats
- Amy Zerner Astrology and spiritual jewelry
- Giuseppe Zanotti Zodiac sandal collection
- Christian Louboutin Zodiac Shoe Collection
The list is goes on!
Suffice it to say that when it comes to the relationship between Fashion and Astrology, the stars are aligned. Consequently, Fashion + Astrology = A Match Made In Heaven.
WHY IS THIS?
Here’s Why: I’ll illustrate by using 2 simple planetary alignments formed during a specific period of time, to outline the beneficial influence this relationship. Keep in mind that these are just a few examples of what these planets symbolize. PLEASE NOTE: The full version of this post is restricted to specific members. If you are a relationship-minded single woman, we invite you to Join Our Mailing List located under the 'Learn How To Find Love' tab, for Dating and Relationship Advice and Healing Hearts Astrology. If you are a new client, the excerpt here is intended to showcase our services to you. Please click on the 'About Us' menu above to find out how you can access our first class services.
PLEASE NOTE: The full version of this post is restricted to specific members. If you are a relationship-minded single woman, we invite you to Join Our Mailing List located under the 'Learn How To Find Love' tab, for Dating and Relationship Advice and Healing Hearts Astrology. If you are a new client, the excerpt here is intended to showcase our services to you. Please click on the 'About Us' menu above to find out how you can access our first class services.